Executive Officer (BFHF Designation Programme) (Part-time, Contract)
The position is responsible for overseeing the operation of the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Hong Kong Association (BFHIHKA) and the Baby Friendly Health Facilities (BFHF) Designation Programme, a flagship programme of the BFHIHKA.
The BFHIHKA aims to promote breastfeeding and protect infant and maternal health. It is committed to creating a healthcare and societal environment that enables parents and caregivers to make informed decisions about optimal infant feeding. The BFHF Designation Programme supports and facilitates health facilities to become (& be designated) baby friendly health facilities by providing them with guidelines, consultation & advice to enable them to meet the World Health Organization Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative standards.
- Work under the direction of the Executive Committee of the BFHIHKA in overseeing operation of the BFHIHKA (and assisted by another member of the staff)
- Work under the direction of the Committee on Designation of BFHF in overseeing operation of the BFHF Designation Programme
- Keep in view the global development of Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative and regularly communicate with the Committee on Designation of BFHF
- Keep records of the membership of the Panel of Assessors and engage them in the development of the Programme
- Act as the lead of the assessment team for the designation of each health facility
- For each level of assessment, prepare all groundwork, write up reports and seek approval from the assessment team
- Compile statistics & annual reports for the Committee on BFHF Designation and for external communication
- Lead advocacy initiatives on BFHF designation (especially to the private sector)
Professional qualification: Registered Nurse (with the Nursing Council of Hong Kong)
- At least 15 years’ experience in nursing practice, preferably with some experience in the fields of Paediatrics, Obstetrics / Midwifery or Maternal and Child Health
- At least 5 years’ experience of administration, e.g. being officer-in-charge of a clinic or ward, or higher levels
Personal attributes: Committed to the cause of BFHIHKA; highly motivated; and be willing to work within a flexible schedule
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organisational and problem solving skills;
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese;
- Solid skills in the use of common computer software for office work
Normally work 4 sessions (of 4 hours each) a week. A degree of flexibility in work schedule is preferred.
Depends on qualifications and experience of the candidate. Range: $220 – 260 / hour (exclusive of MPF and insurance).
Please email your application letter and CV to email@example.com. The deadline for application is 30 June 2021. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation within 4 weeks from the closing date.
(All information provided will only be used for recruitment-related purposes.)