The role of “Peiyue” is particularly influential in new mothers’ success in breastfeeding or otherwise. Experienced trainers have been invited to provide a 20-hour training course, which will equip “Peiyue” with the most up-to-date breastfeeding knowledge and information about community resources. It aims to provide them with proper breastfeeding facilitation skills to better support breastfeeding mothers.
Participants who have completed this course and passed the examination are expected to have acquired the appropriate attitude and adequate knowledge and skills to…
- Respect postnatal mothers’ decisions on how to feed their babies and effectively communicate with the mothers and their families.
- Support postnatal mother to breastfeed, both technically and emotionally.
- Assist mothers to decide when their babies need a feed and whether they are adequately fed, through observing babies’ signs of hunger and satiety as well as the stool patterns.
- Assist mothers to prevent and detect early signs of common breastfeeding issues (e.g. breast engorgement, blocked ducts etc.)
- Assist mothers to seek medical advice should they encounter problems during breastfeeding (e.g. mastitis, low milk supply etc.)
- If necessary, assist mothers to handle their expressed breastmilk, sterilize the breast pump and use proper utensils (e.g. a cup) to feed their babies expressed breastmilk.
Peiyue, Carers of postnatal mothers, Parents-to-be
Course highlights of Certificate Course
|Milk supply mechanism||Dietary tips for postnatal mothers|
|Proper suckling and attachment||Demonstration of hand expression|
|Signs of effective breastfeeding||Milk expression technique & usage|
|Supplementation of milk||Common breastfeeding problems (Sore nipple, blocked ducts, flat or inverted nipple, low supply)|
|Breastfeeding twins & triplets/ Preterm Babies||Introduction of lactagogue (method) / lactation acupuncture|
|How to manage mother-baby separation||Introduction to common Chinese herbs for postnatal mothers|
|Returning to work||Communication skills|
- Ms Lam Chi Oi Christine
- RN, RM, BHS(Nsg), MMid, IBCLC, WHO Breastfeeding Counsellor, Trainer of WHO/UNICEF BF Counselling Course
- Ms Yeung Kit Ming Amy
- RN, RM, BN(Hon), MSc(Counselling), IBCLC, WHO Breastfeeding Counsellor, Trainer of WHO/UNICEF BF Counselling Course
- Ms Siu Sau Mei Esther
- RN, RM, GDNurs, MMid, IBCLC, WHO Breastfeeding Counsellor, Trainer of WHO/UNICEF BF Counselling Course
- Ms Yeung Lee Man Julia
- RN, RM, BNurs, MPH, IBCLC, WHO Breastfeeding Counsellor, Trainer of WHO/UNICEF BF Counselling Course [Breastfeeding Mothers]
- Ms Wong Nga Wai Agnes
- RN, BN, Pgd Epidemiology and Biostatistics, MPH, IBCLC, Pgd HSM, WHO Breastfeeding Counsellor, Trainer of WHO/UNICEF BF Counselling Course [Breastfeeding Mothers]
- Ms Tse Ka Man Carmen
- Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner, MSc in Stroke and Clinical Neurosciences (CUHK), BCM & BSc (Hons) in Biomed Sci (HKBU), Cert Course in Reproductive Medicine & Assisted Reproductive Technology (CUHK, O&G), Cert Course in Maternal & Infant Nutrition (CUHK, O&G) [Breastfeeding Mothers]
Participants who have completed the whole course and passed the examination will be presented with a “Certificate of Passing” by the Organizers. The qualified participants may quote “ Professional “Peiyue” (Breastfeeding) Certificate Course (2023) ” on their name cards. The list of qualified participants will be uploaded onto the website of the Organizers for three years.
Lectures, Group Discussions, Practicum
Conducted in Cantonese, Couse material in Chinese
For Course details, please refer to Chinese version.
***Download Application Form (Only Chinese Version)***
– Please refer to the Chinese version
Lists of Graduates
General Enquiry: 2591 0782 (Voice mail)
Fax: 2338 5521